Problem with Hydro Thunder, Jump Pak, and Official 4x Memory

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Problem with Hydro Thunder, Jump Pak, and Official 4x Memory

Post#1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Basically, when trying to load my save file from my official 4x memory card, the game soft crashes. When I mean soft crash I mean that I lose all functionality of the game (it just crashes), but if I remove the card from the control slot or switch to another bank on the memory card the game will unfreeze and I get control of the game again (but still won't load my file of couse). While contemplating such strange behavior of why it just freezes up instead of loading my save file, It randomly occured to me to just remove the official jump pack from my controller and load the file then. It Worked!!!
Can anyone here try to reproduce this and see if they get the same results?

Basically, for anyone who owns a first print GDrom of Hydro, load a save file from a official 4x memory card with an an official jump Pak on slot 2 of your controller...

Thanks in advance.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Alec1382
Vagabond

Re: Problem with Hydro Thunder, Jump Pak, and Official 4x Me

Post#2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 pm

I'd try it myself, but my first print GD of Hydro Thunder doesn't save for some reason. :?

Perhaps try a different controller?

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#3 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 am

Some games just don't work with the 4x card. That's why a few later games had a 4x memory card icon on the back.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 am

Oh i'm I fully aware, But the way the game acts with the memory card is all over the place. Some times it works some times it does not. it may be corrupted data being the reason for this but like i've stated, it works and reads the card when it wants too...
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news