DC-VGA box; does anyone have problems with the RCA out??

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: DC-VGA box; does anyone have problems with the RCA out??

Post#21 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 pm

just no signal going to the tv/monitor I used, the SWITCH would work, as in it switched to and fro etc but signal came from the VGA while NONE came from the RCA... where as this new one there is picture from both
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh, maybe I completely misunderstood what you wanted to do then. I don't think the vga box I have allows you to have both a vga signal and an RCA signal going at the same time.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm

I don't think the vga box I have allows you to have both a vga signal and an RCA signal going at the same time

What purpose would this even have??? There shouldn't be a single VGA accessory that will allow you to do this.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#24 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:07 pm

dark wrote:Oh, maybe I completely misunderstood what you wanted to do then. I don't think the vga box I have allows you to have both a vga signal and an RCA signal going at the same time.

You can't have both signals going on at the same time.

He just said his composite out does not work.

So the switch works on the VGA side, but refuses duty on the composite / S-video side...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm

CD AGES wrote:What purpose would this even have??? There shouldn't be a single VGA accessory that will allow you to do this.

Lol you're so excitable! Well, for example, if you wanted to record via RCA into your capture card on a pc, while playing the game on a vga monitor without any time lag!

I got confused from the post at the top of this page and thought maybe that was what he wanted to do. but after re-reading it, I guess not. Yeah the switch works, and a signal comes out of each side just fine, but of course not at the same time.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:46 am

elmagicochrisg wrote:
dark wrote:Oh, maybe I completely misunderstood what you wanted to do then. I don't think the vga box I have allows you to have both a vga signal and an RCA signal going at the same time.

You can't have both signals going on at the same time.

He just said his composite out does not work.

So the switch works on the VGA side, but refuses duty on the composite / S-video side...

Elmagico is right again... I never said I wanted the signal to go to both at the same time, only that I want both plugged in at the same time so I can switch without having to plug/unplug anything... but the RCA side was sending no signal

Anyway I've spoken to the guy and he is prepared to swap the box for another one if I feel I can't live with the one I have flicking between the right colour and a distinct shade of blue/green lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc