Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Edited. Because pancake...

Image
Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Missed something? Typo? Correction?...

Lemme know and I will adjust the checklist...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
Jenkins
Cracked LCD
Posts: 410
Contact:

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#3 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:36 am

Quick look:

- Innocent Tears - it's unreleased afaik.
- Space Channel 5 - is missing

- Some minor things like wrong sorting:

Missing Parts 2: The Tantei Stories
Missing Parts 3: The Tantei Stories
Missing Parts: The Tantei Stories

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#4 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 am

You're right, Innocent Tears only got a Japanese Xbox release.

Space Channel 5 added. How did I miss that one... :?

As for the wrong sorting, it's not. It's just a matter of numbers coming before letters. Same reason why World Neverland Plus 2: Puruto Republic Story comes before World Neverland Plus: The Olerud Kingdom Stories...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
Jenkins
Cracked LCD
Posts: 410
Contact:

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#5 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

No problem but you should sort it manually if you are done with the list. Easier to read. :) Thank you for your effort so far!


Few more things:

- VF 4 Passport and VF History disc are bonus discs from the LE of Shenmue 2. Both games were released as a limited edition too btw. It would make more sense (I guess) if you write it in brackets after Shenmue 2 LE.

- Sega Bass Fishing - missing
- Sega Bass Fishing 2 - missing

- Microsoft WebTV - please add -> Microsoft WebTV 128Bit SSL

- why the trial/demo discs?
Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Oblivion Flower Trial Edition
Frame Gride Test Operation Disc

- Mr. Driller 1
- Maken X 1
- Pop'n Music 3 (append disc)
- Pop'n Music 4 (append disc)
- D+Vine Luv


- There are far more Toyota discs in collectors' hands. At least:
Toyota Doricatch Series - Celica
Toyota Doricatch Series - Estima red
Toyota Doricatch Series - FunCargo
Toyota Doricatch Series - Gaia
Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser 100/Cygnus
Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser Prado
Toyota Doricatch Series - RAV4 L
Toyota Digital Catalog - Celsior

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#6 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Jenkins wrote:No problem but you should sort it manually if you are done with the list. Easier to read. :)

Done...

Jenkins wrote:VF 4 Passport and VF History disc are bonus discs from the LE of Shenmue 2. Both games were released as a limited edition too btw. It would make more sense (I guess) if you write it in brackets after Shenmue 2 LE.

Yeah, I just threw them out completely. Otherwise I'd have to add the Jukebox disc for Shenmue too, and all the extra discs for other LEs and stuff. Maybe I should take the Toyota discs out too and put them in a separate category. I don't think they are part of the regular NTSC/J Dreamcast collection. Just like you wouldn't add The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas or MSR Opel Challenge to a PAL/E DC list. Or am I mistaken?...

Jenkins wrote:- Sega Bass Fishing - missing
- Sega Bass Fishing 2 - missing

Added Get Bass: Sega Bass Fishing & Get Bass 2: Sega Bass Fishing...

Jenkins wrote:- Microsoft WebTV - please add -> Microsoft WebTV 128Bit SSL

Added Microsoft WebTV Connection Kit 128Bit SSL Compatible Version...

Jenkins wrote:Why the trial/demo discs?
Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Oblivion Flower Trial Edition
Frame Gride Test Operation Disc

Yup. Out they go...

Jenkins wrote:- Mr. Driller 1
- Maken X 1
- Pop'n Music 3 (append disc)
- Pop'n Music 4 (append disc)
- D+Vine Luv

Fixed and added square brackets while I was at it. I do think both D+Vine[Luv] and Dvine[Luv] are accepted though. There doesn't seem to be a + in the DC version's front cover. Unless that + stands for those 3 scratch marks between D and vine...

Jenkins wrote:There are far more Toyota discs in collectors' hands. At least:
Toyota Doricatch Series - Celica
Toyota Doricatch Series - Estima red
Toyota Doricatch Series - FunCargo
Toyota Doricatch Series - Gaia
Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser 100/Cygnus
Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser Prado
Toyota Doricatch Series - RAV4 L
Toyota Digital Catalog - Celsior

I added them for now, but I had a hard time finding any info on them.

Got any links / pictures I could check?...

Jenkins wrote:Thank you for your effort so far!

My pleasure... ^^
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
dark
Leonard Nimoy
Posts: 1805

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Isn't there a non-online play/non matching service version of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure?

Also, isn't Gundam E.F.F Vs Zeon & DX the same as Mobile Suit Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX?

KOF 98 is of course, KOF Dreammcatch 99. And KOF 99 is KOF 99 Evolution.

Test Drive Le Mans doesn't have the Test Drive branding on the JPN release. It's just Le Man's 24 Hours

Good list.

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#8 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 pm

dark wrote:Isn't there a non-online play/non matching service version of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure?

Yup, the one with yellow & purple squares on the cover is the For Matching Service version, and the one with red & black squares is the regular version. Added the FMS version...

Also added Street Fighter II X's GMC and FMS subtitles...

dark wrote:Also, isn't Gundam E.F.F Vs Zeon & DX the same as Mobile Suit Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX?

Erased the Renpou entry and kept the E.F.F. one.

Also added Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes - Premium Disc.

dark wrote:KOF 98 is of course, KOF Dreammcatch 99. And KOF 99 is KOF 99 Evolution.

Confusing shit. But yeah, fixed...

dark wrote:Test Drive Le Mans doesn't have the Test Drive branding on the JPN release. It's just Le Man's 24 Hours

Und jawohl, auch fixed... lol
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#9 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Added boxes to the checklist...

What a tedious job that was... -_-
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
Jenkins
Cracked LCD
Posts: 410
Contact:

Re: Dreamcast Checklist NTSC/J

Post#10 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am

Few minor things:

- TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat (Buggy Heat) - It's Buggy Heat in Japan too. TNN is the american title.

- Extreme Sports = Sega Extreme Sports? Both are listed.

- Christmas Seaman 10 Days Only Special Edition - worth a mention?


elmagicochrisg wrote:Maybe I should take the Toyota discs out too and put them in a separate category. I don't think they are part of the regular NTSC/J Dreamcast collection. Just like you wouldn't add The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas or MSR Opel Challenge to a PAL/E DC list. Or am I mistaken?...

Good point. MSR Opel Challenge is like these Toyota demo discs. They should be listed in a different list .
Source: Assemblergames (post #30)


elmagicochrisg wrote:I do think both D+Vine[Luv] and Dvine[Luv] are accepted though. There doesn't seem to be a + in the DC version's front cover. Unless that + stands for those 3 scratch marks between D and vine...
I don't know why but it's often listed as "D+Vine[LUV]". I guess both variations are OK. I'll keep my eyes open.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users