Dreamcasts sound output

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

everynewday84
Nemesis

Re: Dreamcasts sound output

Post#11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Neo, those aren't studio monitors. They are monitors for live performance. In the studio we use headphones.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#12 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh yeah, my mistake, thanks for pointing it out. I was obviously confusing them with something else. I think Roland do an MA series of studio monitors nowadays.

What do you mean when you say you use headphones in the studio ? Don't you use both cans and monitors ?

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:19 am

Neohound wrote:Oh, absolutely ! I agree with most of what you say, and most of all it's important to listen, if possible, to any audio gear before you buy. I wasn't trying to say "go spend loads of your money!!". There are plenty of sites on the internet where you can have conversations/arguments such as "my amp/dick/bank balance is bigger than yours"......but I try to avoid those like the plague lol

All I'm trying to do is look at Ultra's needs here. Remember he has borderline OCD tendencies: hence the suggestion he should buy an amp with multiple inputs so that he can have multiple consoles/Blu-Ray players/cd players etc and output a solitary HDMI into his tv. This is the best way to keep your setup NEAT & TIDY !! That Onkyo amp I linked to is the only one I know of, which isn't silly money, to incorporate a VGA input. With most av amps you can choose whether to pass through the 480p or upscale it. I always pass through my DC's vga signal but upscale the S-Video. That's just my preference. I know Ultra's been looking at standalone upscalers, hence my suggestion :) I think the Onkyo 609 has Faroudja processing on board, which is going to be up there with the upscaling you get with the best tv's around.......if you want or need it. The '609' even has 4K compatability for ultimate future-proofing.

I was trying to keep the price down, hence the £100 speakers. They'll still piss all over his tv's speakers, but there is always the possibility of upgrading in the future. That's the route I took myself a few years ago.

I wonder if Richer Sounds have an auditioning facility ? I'd say phone your local branch, ask them for their advice and try and get some real listening done.

excellent lol, I love that borderline OCD comment that made me piss my self lol, seriously you guys know that well??

Thanks Neo but I can't justify more money at all tbh, and in actual fact because of all this new equipment the DC has been relegated to the spare room, though I MAY move it back shortly, I miss it :(

Anyway regarding picture I'm pretty sure that any 1080p capable LCD upscales its signals out of the box doesn't it? I do get what your saying though and if I had the money I'd go crazy on that shit but no no.... I'm MARRIED now and its time to think like a grown up lol

and honest to god I DONT remember you explaining it to me at all mate, but then my memory is very very shit so it is wholey possible lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc