Burning CDI Issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SamGray
noob

Burning CDI Issues

Post#1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 am

Hi, I've just gotten interested in burning some games to CD-Rs for my dreamcast, however the majority of them don't seem to be working...I've gotten very few to work. I make sure from whatever site I'm downloading them from, that they say "self-bootable" however almost none of them boot up, even when I try to use the Utopia boot disk.

I have gotten games to work successfully though, like Soul Caliber. So I don't think I'm doing the burning process wrong, or have bad CD-Rs...Where would you recommend I download burn able games? I've tried the same game from multiple sites, but it doesn't work I fit hasn't worked before. I'm mainly trying to burn Jet Grind Radio. Any suggestions of a download that have worked for others? I'd really like support for this.

Thanks. :)

Dreamcaster
Anarki

Re: Burning CDI Issues

Post#2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 am

Try to burn DC Res version, it works - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1694

Here is list of all downloads - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1694

SamGray
noob

Post#3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 am

Dreamcaster wrote:Try to burn DC Res version, it works - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1694

Here is list of all downloads - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1694

When I click that link it says "The forum you selected does not exist."

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:37 am

It works for me :?

You are logged in when you clicked on the link ?

From memory, and it is a long time ago, I always found that lowering the burning speed to 4x would help avoid so many coasters.

SamGray
noob

Post#5 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 pm

I managed to figure it out. Now I'm just curious if there is a less expensive adapter to get internet to my DC. What cord would you all recommend for me to buy to get internet going to my DC? I want to be able to play PSO.