Dreamcast PSO Help

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Dreamcast PSO Help

Post#1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 pm

SITUATION:
My "PSO" DC died recently (forever rebooting). I am now attempting to use DC #2, which works fine. When I tried to play PSO, it wants my serial code (in otherwords, it will not accept my saves).

QUESTION:
Is there a way to allow the "new" Dreamcast to use the PSO save?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

K_I_R_E_E_K

Re: Dreamcast PSO Help

Post#2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:47 am

Yes, simply use the same SNAK used on the old dc

Think of it as a password to an account, you have to know the right password otherwise pso will think that you are a "stranger".

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am

Wouldn't I need to find the current DC ID and hex edit the save to match the DC ID?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 am

No

I'm on my 2nd dc and i used my old snak for it to work, however i required to reset the memory of the dc for it to work.
On your case it's different, when you inserted PSO, it asked for a snak, so no one has ever used that dc to play pso, meaning it has no internal snak to compare.

Simply put your old snak and it will work

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 am

Bad news for me...

1. I could not get it to recognize my SNAK, so I...
2. used DC Flash Erase and was able to re-enter the SNAK, but it would not recognize my save, which is on three different VMUs.

Is there anything else that can be done?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#6 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:38 am

Then you are introducing the wrong SNAK, that's like the wrong password to your forum account, but the difference is that you can't ask for a new one.

The save is tied with a SNAK, you can't mess with that, you need to introduce not only a correct snak valid for the game itself but also for the save file.
This is up to you, do you not know wich snak you used at all?

I will give you an alternative if everything fails, simply make a new char (can be in a new vmu) then try to connect online and see if i'm around, i may be able to create your char at a specific level and then use the save and restor commands to transfer it to you, after that you simply request the items you had and i'll recreate them 1 by 1 without any concerns or restrictions.

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#7 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am

Have you figured out what was wrong with DC #1? If the rebooting is due to the optical reader or power board, why not just swap out the parts? You only need the mother board of the DC #1 to work if you can't get the DC #2 to accept your serials.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#8 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 pm

I didn't have any problem with my new Dreamcast reading my PSO save after the last one died...
Regards,
brourke228