Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Dream Pi 1.9 DLE Wi-Fi trouble

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaDCguyyy
Fancy Pants Admin

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Dream Pi 1.9 DLE Wi-Fi trouble

Post by SegaDCguyyy »

Hi again, after I finally got Dream Pi 1.9 DLE on my pi I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi. Originally I followed the configuration guide on DreamcastLive (which I deeply regret) and it did not work, then, I tried following DreamcasticChannel's guide and I keep getting the same error when I type "sudo iwlist wlan0 scan", when I do this, the error message I get says "wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down". My question is, do I need an external Wi-Fi adapter to do this or is the onboard Wi-Fi good? I am also confused because again, on DreamcastLive, it says I only need a Line Voltage Inducer if I am on PAL, I am on NTSC U so do I need a Line Voltage Inducer? Also, does the Raspberry Pi need to be signed into my Wi-Fi before I do the set up as shown in DreamcasticChannel's Wi-Fi connection tutorial? I am using web browser 2.0 and I already configured the browser on my Dreamcast. Thanks.

OatBob
MegaDeath

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Dream Pi 1.9 DLE Wi-Fi trouble

Post by OatBob »

I use the Pi 4 model B. I can answer some of your questions.

Line-voltage-inducer is required. PAL modem requires 18V, and NTSC-U/NTSC-J modems require 9V. What Dreamcast live was mentioning involves the modems sold from their shop. The Dreamcastlive modems are modded to have a 9V LVI built inside the housing, and don't need a seperate device.

Online connection. I would recommend getting your Pi online before completing setup and flashing your DC. Try it wired while you work out the wireless connection. I have struggled getting wireless myself. Those who are successful have reported connectivity issues in the past, so wired is preferred if possible.

It's a rocky road to online play, and to be honest half of our organized gamenights involve troubleshooting these problems and more. Check out the Sega Online for quicker feedback. The online community is eager to grow our numbers, join us!

https://discord.gg/pPjFsnGr
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.