DCDigital Settings?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCGX
Vagabond

DCDigital Settings?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:47 am

I recently had the newest version of DCDigital installed in my Dreamcast, and I'm pretty happy about it! Despite my ability to solder and the minor mods I've done, I didn't trust myself and had Retro Digital install it for me.

Anyway, I got it back yesterday, and just not having to deal with the extra steps to play non-VGA games is enough to warrant the price for me. REZ still doesn't load every time, which is a problem I've always had with it (I've had a region free bios installed for more than 20 years, and angling the DC on startup doesn't always work), and frustratingly, as I outlined here a few years ago, I still can't get NFL 2K2, NCAA 2K2 or NBA 2K2 to run after the SEGA Sports splash screen. Despite those instances, it plays everything great.

I do get some noise on the very top line and very bottom line. It's not being caused by the HDMI splitter I'm using, nor my receiver (my HDMI cable is too short to plug directly into the TV, though I never had issues with any other devices through those two before either). It's mostly noticeable during startup, and doesn't affect gameplay.

So I was wondering what everyone's settings are for their DCDigital, and if there's any "best" recommendations. Right now I have mine set to 4K output, no interpolation, no scanlines etc., and no HDR.