Assistance Request: Analogue Output Issue via RGB-Scart

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Terranir
noob

Assistance Request: Analogue Output Issue via RGB-Scart

Post#1 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:46 pm

Dear Community,

I'm reaching out with a hope that your collective expertise can breathe new life into my cherished Sega Dreamcast—my very first Dreamcast purchased in 1999. Regrettably, I've encountered an issue with the analogue output: while the audio remains clear, the video displays static diagonal bars, as depicted in the attached image. The background diagonal bars are also static but they changes color.

Notably, I'm using an RGB-Scart cable for connection. It's also worth mentioning that the console has been modified with the DCHDMI, which continues to operate without any hitches on my flat-screen TV. However, the snag arises when attempting to play on my CRT. The Analogue output functioned for a long time after the DCHDMI was installed so I don't think that is an issue. The SCART cable is fully functional, I've tested it with another Dreamcast.

This particular unit holds immense sentimental value to me, and I'm eager to restore its full functionality. If anyone can offer guidance, troubleshooting tips, or a potential solution, I would be immensely thankful for your support.

Warm regards,

Terranir
Attachments
IMG_2872.jpeg
Live long and prosper :geek:

AtomicPotato
noob

Re: Assistance Request: Analogue Output Issue via RGB-Scart

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:04 am

I've been informed that the DCHDMI mod does interfere with the (RGB) Scart output.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Assistance Request: Analogue Output Issue via RGB-Scart

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:28 pm

What happens when you hold down on the d-pad while you boot up? That should put it in low res mode. Up is the opposite. I don't have any problem with RGB SCART on my DCHDMI modded system.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast