Info help back-up MIL-CD

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Metro City
lithium

Info help back-up MIL-CD

Post#1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:11 am

Hi, everyone. I made a copy of a MIL-CD game, having the audio track with img-burn i have created cue\iso, but gd-emu won't read it to me, I tried with IsoBuster saving audio\data, I saw that the cover was missing ( 0GDTEX.PVR) and adding it. then with selfboot I created the image with alcohol 120% since it is the only one that allows me to select CDDA. He created an mds\mdf file for me, with gdemu sd i have added but the gdemu goes crazy, it takes a long time to loading... and if the file is in folder 19 the gdemu sees the games up to 18 O_O.
Do you know if there is a guide? or even advice. Thank you

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Info help back-up MIL-CD

Post#2 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:08 am

I would suggest just ripping it with disc juggler

Metro City
lithium

Post#3 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:53 am

Thanks, you're right, I had forgotten about this program, but I was curious if you know how to unpack anda repack the .cdi to put the 0GDTEX.PVR cover for GDEMU in the folder.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#4 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:59 pm

What disc are you trying to create an image for? What game/software?

You can use GD-ROM Explorer to extract the contents of a Dreamcast CDI image, and then LazyBoot or BootDreams to rebuild it with new files.

If the disc uses CDDA and thus you created an MDF/MDS, you can use DaemonTools to mount it to a virtual drive and then rip to CDI with DiscJuggler.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#5 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:50 am

Search for a redump bin/cue of the mil-cd title.

If found, use darc's tool to convert image to CDI format.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16876
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:18 pm

can some1 extract the ip.bin from heartbreak diary mil-cd?

why? do you ask?
to compare it to the modified ip.bin that is used in the miltemp folder of the leaked bleem beta.
with a true copy of the heartbreak diary ip.bin, we can actually see all of the data that was modified to allow the bleem betas (all colors) to run on specific color dreamcast consoles.

the last time i messed with it, i simply copied all of the hex to the same file size of original ip.bin.
at that time some of the newer dc tools did not exist, that would allow extracting the dumped official mil-cd's.

either way it would be cool to document the actual modifications that were made to the bleem betas ip.bin to allow them to be tested.

the ultimate end goal would be to document how the bleem beta was cracked, but i doubt within my lifetime any1 will ever accomplish this.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#7 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:58 pm

SMiTH wrote:can some1 extract the ip.bin from heartbreak diary mil-cd?

why? do you ask?
to compare it to the modified ip.bin that is used in the miltemp folder of the leaked bleem beta.
with a true copy of the heartbreak diary ip.bin, we can actually see all of the data that was modified to allow the bleem betas (all colors) to run on specific color dreamcast consoles.

the last time i messed with it, i simply copied all of the hex to the same file size of original ip.bin.
at that time some of the newer dc tools did not exist, that would allow extracting the dumped official mil-cd's.

either way it would be cool to document the actual modifications that were made to the bleem betas ip.bin to allow them to be tested.

the ultimate end goal would be to document how the bleem beta was cracked, but i doubt within my lifetime any1 will ever accomplish this.

Download is at archive:
https://archive.org/download/redump.dc. ... pan%29.zip

Wow, a REAL legit MIL-CD image.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:29 pm

MoeFoh wrote:Download is at archive:
https://archive.org/download/redump.dc. ... pan%29.zip

Wow, a REAL legit MIL-CD image.

Yes, this one.
If you can extract the ip.bin from it and upload to this thread pls.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#9 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:01 pm

Ok, i just did it.
posted in the bleemcast tinfoil thread.
Thanks to darc's Redump2CDI
:)

Next up will be extracting ip.bin from miltemp bleem beta.

Metro City
lithium

Post#10 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:04 am

Thanks for the info, but having original joshprod CDs, with the classic programs I can make the .cdi, but on gd-emu like the majority of its CDs the covers do not appear, which is why I wanted to dump them and recompact them, but for some CDs It seems like it's not possible or maybe just the ip.bin should be modified, which I won't be able to do since gd-emu doesn't read it. :lol: