MODE troubleshooting

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Moosyin
rebel

MODE troubleshooting

Post#1 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:32 am

Hello,

My MODE has started getting issues after 3 months of owning it. I contacted TerraOnion for support but they don’t reply at all.

Everytime I use it, it works for the first game I pick but when I switch to another game it boots to the BIOS screen and doesn’t start the a game anymore. It seems that when it warms up a bit this happens more. Rebooting doesn’t help it just won’t start anything after that.
I have been asking around and hearing things like a “cold solder joint” but couldn’t really find anything on the board that look likes that.

I have cleaned the board with isopropyl, switched from sd-card to the USB reader but keep getting the same issue.
Is anyone here familair with this problem?

ateam
Animated Violence

Re: MODE troubleshooting

Post#2 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:54 am

Terraonion's email support is essentially non-existent right now. Your best bet is the Discord server.

https://discord.gg/jBf9pk3T
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:40 am

Moosyin wrote:Hello,

My MODE has started getting issues after 3 months of owning it. I contacted TerraOnion for support but they don’t reply at all.

Everytime I use it, it works for the first game I pick but when I switch to another game it boots to the BIOS screen and doesn’t start the a game anymore. It seems that when it warms up a bit this happens more. Rebooting doesn’t help it just won’t start anything after that.
I have been asking around and hearing things like a “cold solder joint” but couldn’t really find anything on the board that look likes that.

I have cleaned the board with isopropyl, switched from sd-card to the USB reader but keep getting the same issue.
Is anyone here familair with this problem?

I wouldn't think it was a cold solder joint only cos they usually start working over time, as things heat up, not stop working. Sounds more like a failing component. Derek's right. Seems like TO let the community on Discord do all their tech support now. :/

Moosyin
rebel

Post#4 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:22 pm

I tried there but did get much of an answer. It really sucks that it’s such a shit company. I payed a lot of money for it and when it worked it was great. Really disappointing.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:58 am

just to check, the Boot Bios Menu option hasn't been switched on somehow in the MODE menu has it?

Moosyin
rebel

Post#6 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:47 pm

No it is not.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#7 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:00 am

Sorry but I can't think of anything other than hardware that's the issue. tried different media? USB, SD CARD, SSD etc?

Moosyin
rebel

Post#8 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:03 pm

Yes, I tried both the SD card and the USB port but get the same problem for both.

StrikerTheHedgefox
noob

Post#9 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:39 pm

Definitely get in contact with the creator on Discord, hopefully they'll let you send it back to get fixed up or replaced.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#10 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:19 am

Moosyin wrote:Yes, I tried both the SD card and the USB port but get the same problem for both.

I'm all out of suggestions other than harassing TO to get a replacement.