PBA Bowling - Could not authenicate server

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

PBA Bowling - Could not authenicate server

Post#1 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Hi,

I am trying to play online PBA Bowling and I can connect online. But after I enter a user name and password, and then go to "GoPlay" it says "Network error" and "Could not authenticate server". What am I doing wrong? Is there some other server I need to connect to? Am I missing a step? Help!

redjeff76
Anarki

Re: PBA Bowling - Could not authenicate server

Post#2 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:05 pm

I think I figured it out. I had to use the password of "PASS". Sadly though there was no one online to play with

SolidSonicTH
dark night

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:51 am

To be fair I do question how popular this would have been even in its heyday...

lozz
core

Post#4 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:55 am

Hey redjeff, there are probably only a few dozen people who regularly play the DC online, so you are unlikely to find others unless you log on at a pre-arranged time; with the exception of PSO which has players online most evenings. There is an active discord dedicated to scheduling DC games which I'd recommend, just go to segaonline.net to get invited. There is also the DreamcastLive.net schedule maintained by PC Wizard. Both of these have several sessions scheduled per week. Look forward to seeing you online sometime.

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#5 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Yeah I will for sure be interested in playing a variety of games online! It is the ENTIRE reason I contacted pcwzrd13 to hook me up with a DreamPi. I am a little bit stunned to hear about only a few dozen people who like to play online. It makes me wonder what the 12,000 people registered on this site are doing. Isn't the bulk of the reason people are on this site to play games online? Like if you own a DreamPi or a BBA I assumed you intend to play games. Why own either devise otherwise. WTH?!

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#6 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:57 pm

Okay, I signed up and downloaded Discord and connected to segaonline.net. My user name is redjeff76 there as well. Discord is now another thing that I am a total NOOB at. But hopefully I can connect to people who want to play online Dreamcast games.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:02 pm

https://dreamcastlive.net/schedule

Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays. Guaranteed

Indeed PSO is practically 24/7 hardly ever empty