Planetweb Issue and online browsing via Dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

Planetweb Issue and online browsing via Dreamcast

Post by redjeff76 »

My Dreamcast works with Alien Front Online and with Quake III (so I am assuming my DMZ questions are now answered). I set up my internet settings with Quake III. I have a copy of XDP. But I don't understand how to make PlanetWeb 2.6 work on it. I open up Planetweb and try to go to a site or I click on the red phone to connect to the internet and it pops up a box message saying "modem messages" which then states "Init Modem" and a little loading ball that rotates with blue and white colors, appears. I can just sit there and wait forever (30 minutes) and nothing changes. It just keeps saying the same message and acting like it is loading. I can connect to like a google search If I go to "Original User Agent" in XDP. I can load a google search. and it says I am connected to the internet. But I can't get past the "Init Modem" stage in Planetweb. I dunno... On top of these issues...well am I missing the point of browsing online with my Dreamcast? What benefits do I gain by browsing online? Am I missing part of the Dreamcast online experience? Look, I am a 2 day in - NOOB to this and I just want to get the most I can get out of my new DreamPi. Like do I need to be able to browse online to set up or get in games? How do I make dreamcast.online/now/ recognize what I play? What is "Dream Passport" for? Do I need to use it? Ok, Ok...lots of questions I guess...But I am so confused. :?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: Planetweb Issue and online browsing via Dreamcast

Post by mistamontiel »

Good going

You not missing much unless site is retro enough for Dreamcast to accept, there is http://www.psilocybindreams.com/pc/midi to jam out to MIDIs all I got out of browsing really

I did my configuration with Custom PlanetWeb v2.6x, but no clue really why yours refuses

The only "surfing" you need would be booting Daytona USA just to hit Homepage on the bottom then when you see VMU screen you could back out then skip I think L trigger then first thing you see is to download key file to a VMU, necessary to dial in Daytona. One n done

https://youtu.be/VgRLnj2YR3s?t=476 for DC-Now, I did so long ago I think the autodetect did it