DCCM backup of Daytona USA

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheGoatHead
Fancy Pants Admin

DCCM backup of Daytona USA

Post by TheGoatHead »

I have been attempting to burn a backup of Daytona USA (2001, NA release) onto Verbatim CD-R discs through Discjuggler 6 to no success. I've tried multiple settings and all of them produce unplayable discs. For anyone that has managed to create a successful CD-R backup of this game, what settings did you use?
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: DCCM backup of Daytona USA

Post by mistamontiel »

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6836 nails all time although some reason both of my casts demand fast write speeds, 24x here

As to DCCM I've seen a bunch my VA0 do not want boot but the common 1 revisions definitely shall, ReviveDC NoBS DCRes all are great CDIs to consider too
TheGoatHead
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by TheGoatHead »

The DCCM CDIs not working with VA0s makes much more sense, as my Dreamcast is a VA0. Is there any Daytona USA CDIs not made by DCCM that you know of?
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

https://mega.co.nz/#F!ZMgQWIIR!b1pi-lEb_6pw0zX1EvgkXQ

When have chance pardon I've had a genuine Daytona GD 'forever' ago. There's also the arcade sounds+music mod too that I forget if my VA0 allows!

EDIT: Split archives suck indeed 7-Zip will spit out that CDI

EDIT 2: Wow I still had that in my spindles, my primary VA0 boots it. As I mentioned DCCM the majority are only compatible for VA1s
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Most times it's just half dead picky gdrom drive .. even one of my so called VA0's that people say dont boot cdrs does perfect from japan loads anything thing i throw at it but usa gdroms lol