help burninve PSO ives edition

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Redfish
rebel

help burninve PSO ives edition

Post#1 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:06 pm

Hey all,
Hoping you might be able to help me out.
My copy of pso v2 stopped working so ive been trying to get Ives pso v2 edition onto a Cd-r.

I've run into an issue where the file size of the disc image is 775 Mbs. which is too big to fit on one 700mb disc.
I feel like this was intended to fit on just one disc. Or am i missing something? is their some way i can shrink it to fit or is it meant to be two discs?

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: help burninve PSO ives edition

Post#2 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:57 pm

Redfish wrote:Hey all,
Hoping you might be able to help me out.
My copy of pso v2 stopped working so ive been trying to get Ives pso v2 edition onto a Cd-r.

I've run into an issue where the file size of the disc image is 775 Mbs. which is too big to fit on one 700mb disc.
I feel like this was intended to fit on just one disc. Or am i missing something? is their some way i can shrink it to fit or is it meant to be two discs?

Many, MANY CDIs meant for burning exceed 700 MB. Simply turn on over-burning in DiscJuggler to accommodate this. I promise it'll work, unless you're using 650 MB CD-Rs.

Resources:
https://www.dreamcast.nu/en/dreamcast-2/padus-discjuggler-settings-burning-dreamcast-cd-r/
https://forum.romulation.org/threads/how-to-burn-dreamcast-cdi-images-using-discjuggler.51009/
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Redfish
rebel

Re: help burninve PSO ives edition

Post#3 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:57 pm

I didn't know that, that's good to know.

This worked like a charm.

Thanks a bunch!