gdemu flashing led with or without sd card

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

suntftl
shadow

gdemu flashing led with or without sd card

Post#1 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:58 am

as of recently my gdemu has decided it no longer wants to work as intended. games will randomly crash or become super slow, or it'll just become a black screen.

the red led flashes like crazy regardless of if an sd card is inserted. every sound is super low pitched, and no matter what i do (re-inserting card, power cycling) nothing fixes it anymore. i'm a bit hesitant to open up the system because something tells me i'll end up ruining everything.

what could be the issue here, though? i'm honestly not sure if i have a clone or an official gdemu, but just a few days ago it was perfectly fine. should i just get a new gdemu or what? :?

here's a video showcasing what happens with the led and what happens if the system manages to boot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefmLGxiXkg

ktulu666
noob

Re: gdemu flashing led with or without sd card

Post#2 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 pm

suntftl wrote:as of recently my gdemu has decided it no longer wants to work as intended. games will randomly crash or become super slow, or it'll just become a black screen.

the red led flashes like crazy regardless of if an sd card is inserted. every sound is super low pitched, and no matter what i do (re-inserting card, power cycling) nothing fixes it anymore. i'm a bit hesitant to open up the system because something tells me i'll end up ruining everything.

what could be the issue here, though? i'm honestly not sure if i have a clone or an official gdemu, but just a few days ago it was perfectly fine. should i just get a new gdemu or what? :?

here's a video showcasing what happens with the led and what happens if the system manages to boot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefmLGxiXkg

I had the exact same thing recently, for me it was the psu.

suntftl
shadow

Re: gdemu flashing led with or without sd card

Post#3 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:45 pm

was sent a video about it in another thread and sure enough that was the issue. turns out taking apart and putting back together a dreamcast isn't all that hard lol