Strange problem with Dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ktulu666
noob

Strange problem with Dreamcast

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Got a Dreamcast that was fully modded with dchdmi/dcdigital, gdemu, dreampsu, region free bios, overclock.
I didn't use it for some time and now when i get in the menu of the Dreamcast its all glitchy and wont play most of the games.
Also i dont get a picture with the rgb scart cable but i do with standard composite av cables.
i thought it could be the bios but i soldered the original back and it still happens, now i removed every mod done and unfortunately its still there.

Searched the entire internet and couldn't find a similar problem or fix so i tought i would try my luck here.
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] 20230519_202524.mp4 [ 7.29 MiB | Viewed 1513 times ]

20230519_202518.jpg

aldair
Metallic

Re: Strange problem with Dreamcast

Post#2 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:11 pm

ktulu666 wrote:Got a Dreamcast that was fully modded with dchdmi/dcdigital, gdemu, dreampsu, region free bios, overclock.
I didn't use it for some time and now when i get in the menu of the Dreamcast its all glitchy and wont play most of the games.
Also i dont get a picture with the rgb scart cable but i do with standard composite av cables.
i thought it could be the bios but i soldered the original back and it still happens, now i removed every mod done and unfortunately its still there.

Searched the entire internet and couldn't find a similar problem or fix so i tought i would try my luck here.

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Fri May 19, 2023 6:38 pm

ktulu666 wrote:Got a Dreamcast that was fully modded with dchdmi/dcdigital, gdemu, dreampsu, region free bios, overclock.

My guess is maybe a corrupted bios chip just by the way that screen looks.

ktulu666
noob

Post#4 » Fri May 19, 2023 7:19 pm

Yeh was thinking the same but i already replaced the bios.

That video i really dont know what to make of it?

aldair
Metallic

Post#5 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:02 am

ktulu666 wrote:Yeh was thinking the same but i already replaced the bios.

That video i really dont know what to make of it?

The GPU is damaged and needs to be replaced.
This defect is very common.