Run GDMenu + OpenMenu at the same time?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ItalianGrandma
undertow

Re: Run GDMenu + OpenMenu at the same time?

Post#11 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:29 am

sonik wrote:Good to see you around here, ItalianGrandma! I hope you're having a good time.

I have not tested, but one option is to use openMenu as the default menu (folder 01) and gdmenu on folder 02.
Use a manager to put games and write the openmenu specific files.
And let gdemenu load the files directly from the card. Will be slow, but if you only need it for a few games, it will be fine.

Also, check out this version of my app. It let's you choose if want to use gdmenu or openmenu as the main menu on the card.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13700&start=120#p173181
It also have some fixes that are not on the "public" version yet.

Glad to be here, Sonik!

I'll definitely take a look at that newer version of the app! I presume I could use that newer version on a card that I've already set up with GDMenu using the latest public release of your tool?

oakleez
noob

Post#12 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:34 am

Yeah I just use 2 separate cards... my "working/basic GDMENU" one and my experimental/etc openmenu one.

sonik
Developer

Post#13 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:56 am

ItalianGrandma wrote:I'll definitely take a look at that newer version of the app! I presume I could use that newer version on a card that I've already set up with GDMenu using the latest public release of your tool?

Yes it should overwrite the main menu based on the selection inside the app.
But please note that this version is still in beta form. I tested it and I'm using it, but there might be some edge cases and errors could happen.
Also note that gdmenu files are bundled with it. openMenu files are not and you must provide them (just put in the specific folder).
EDF! EDF! EDF!