Does anyone know where I can find G2 Expansion Adapters?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

OddlyDoddly
noob

Does anyone know where I can find G2 Expansion Adapters?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm

I know this is a stretch of a question, but does anyone know where I can find G2 expansion Slot adapters to build expansion hardware for the dreamcast? I'm trying to find them in a bulk order, from literally anywhere. I need just the G2 adapters that plug into the dreamcast to build a circuit with, tearing them off of old hardware is too expensive, because I need a bunch of them. It's the part of the dreamcast on the dial-up modem adapter that physically plugs into the dreamcast. I'm trying to gather as much information on this port as possible for a hardware design project.

Red Ring Rico
shadow

Re: Does anyone know where I can find G2 Expansion Adapters?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:50 am

I've gone down this route before to no success, unfortunately. The closest I could find mechanically was an AGP connector. Even then, it required a lot of modification to get it anywhere near able to mate with the Dreamcast. If you do happen to find a viable alternative, I'd love to know, too.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:10 am

I'm not sure that anyone has been successful in finding an equivalent connector in all the years that people have tinkered. It may well have been a custom connector that Sega commissioned...

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#4 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Dunno if this helps. He is on here..
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dreamcast-BBA-C ... 639-2357-0