im stumped GDEMU issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dreamcast459
dark night

Re: im stumped GDEMU issues

Post#31 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:00 pm

MoeFoh wrote:Is this card from eBay? Tons of counterfeit Sandisk there.

The 128GB card is working properly, yes?

bope card was bought from newegg and was tested and known working on my sega saturn fenrir ode device so i know its a good card

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#32 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pm

MoeFoh wrote:Is this card from eBay? Tons of counterfeit Sandisk there.

The 128GB card is working properly, yes?

hey moe would you mind doing me a small favor would you mind dropping me a pm and linking me to where you get your gdi games from the reason im asking is i wanna make sure the issue isnt the games i downloaded

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#33 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:27 pm

you are not gonna believe this, i messaged the seller i bought my gdemu from and i explained what was going on with it i also sent him a video showing him how it sometimes refuses to boot the sd card and he offered to send me a replacement for free how cool is that i still wanna get my current gdemu sorted out tho so if anyone has any other suggestions feel free i really wanna get my gdemu fixed so i can keep it as a spare

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#34 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:12 pm

I have a similar problem with my San Disk 256gb SC card (not micro - definitely an official card). Formatted it to FAT32, loaded games on but my GDemu clone won't recognise it so I'm back to using a 32gb card. Very frustrating.
aka DavidHK on DC games.

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#35 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:56 am

dave_van_damn wrote:I have a similar problem with my San Disk 256gb SC card (not micro - definitely an official card). Formatted it to FAT32, loaded games on but my GDemu clone won't recognise it so I'm back to using a 32gb card. Very frustrating.

do you still have the 256 gig card dave? if so give this a try use the madsheep sd card maker program you can find it here if you dont already have it https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... _madsheep/

anyhow download and install rufus then format the sd card to fat 32 with 32k cluster size then use the sd card maker program to load only 9 games the 10th game will be the gdmenu program once thats done load the sd card and try to see if the games boot, if they boot then put the sd card back in the pc and load one more game at a time till you get to the point where it refuses to load games then you will know how many games your gdemu can tolerate

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#36 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:06 am

Did some research. Official documentation says SDXC cards are not supported, use SDHC cards. https://gdemu.wordpress.com/details/
Attachments
gdmenu-sdxc-cards.png
SDXC Cards not officially supported.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#37 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:22 am

MoeFoh wrote:Did some research. Official documentation says SDXC cards are not supported, use SDHC cards. https://gdemu.wordpress.com/details/

i have read a few posts on reddit where people have no issues with 128 and higher sd cards on the gdemu but ill keep that in mind ty

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#38 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 am

The legendary ateam says from a reddit post:

"This SanDisk is often considered the “gold standard” by many. I can say that it has never failed me or the people I have recommended it to, whether it be an authentic GDEMU or a clone."

SanDisk 256GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I Memory Card - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-256G-GN6IN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFGS6LJ/
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#39 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:26 am

MoeFoh wrote:The legendary ateam says from a reddit post:

This SanDisk is often considered the “gold standard” by many. I can say that it has never failed me or the people I have recommended it to, whether it be an authentic GDEMU or a clone.

SanDisk 256GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I Memory Card - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-256G-GN6IN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFGS6LJ/

thank you btw did you get my message about the seller sending me a free replacement

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#40 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:40 am

well so far she seems to be working granted i have only booted a few games havent had time ot play any yet to see if she really works