BIOS MOD DREAMCAST

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

BIOS MOD DREAMCAST

Post#1 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:59 am

Кто скажет для чего это сделали и как исправить? Dreamcast не работает, стартует анимация со звуком далее белый экран
Attachments
20221003_180226.jpg

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: BIOS MOD DREAMCAST

Post#2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:29 am

Try to Add tin to the solder joints.

Попробуйте добавить больше олова в паяные соединения.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:10 pm

The wire seems to be exposed too much at the end and the 11th and 12th pin might be crossing now. I recommend soldering the wire to the 12th pin more so that it is coming straight up to the leg, not across the 11th.

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#4 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:16 pm

Anthony817 wrote:The wire seems to be exposed too much at the end and the 11th and 12th pin might be crossing now. I recommend soldering the wire to the 12th pin more so that it is coming straight up to the leg, not across the 11th.

Как вариант попробую прозвонить не замкнуты проверю

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#5 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:11 am

Anthony817 wrote:The wire seems to be exposed too much at the end and the 11th and 12th pin might be crossing now. I recommend soldering the wire to the 12th pin more so that it is coming straight up to the leg, not across the 11th.

После прозвонки 11 и 12 контакты
not closed между собой . НО обнаружил контакты: 1, 12 и 27 ножки не припаяны к motherboard, так дожно быть? На фото обозначил красным цветом. И что это за мод?
Attachments
20221003_180226.jpg

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:38 am

No, those should have the pins up I believe. I have not personally done this mod myself, only know what to look for kind of. It only appeared that it was possibly shorting the 11th and 12th pins out but not sure. I have a bios mod on mine but somebody else did the mod and it is made with super fine wires and I am afraid to open it up to take a look as I do not want to break anything.

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#7 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:39 am

Anthony817 wrote:No, those should have the pins up I believe. I have not personally done this mod myself, only know what to look for kind of. It only appeared that it was possibly shorting the 11th and 12th pins out but not sure. I have a bios mod on mine but somebody else did the mod and it is made with super fine wires and I am afraid to open it up to take a look as I do not want to break anything.

Зачем этот мод нужен?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Umbrella$$Dreamcast wrote:Зачем этот мод нужен?

for write region free bios

show spoiler»

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#9 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:38 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Umbrella$$Dreamcast wrote:Зачем этот мод нужен?

for write region free bios

show spoiler»

Didn't know about English, thanks.
And how to write this bios?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:07 am

Umbrella$$Dreamcast wrote:And how to write this bios?

the modification itself involves installing a flashable chip on top of the original bios and switch, in this case you can always load DreamShell from disk and flash the bios.
in your case, someone flashed a microcircuit on the programmer and soldered it instead of the native bios.
if 29LV160 is faulty (although I'm not sure about this), then there is only one way out, unsolder it and flash it on the programmer