Burned game not working

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HelpBurnMyGames
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online.

Burned game not working

Post by HelpBurnMyGames »

My burned game which is the Shenmue Passport disc is not working at all. I have put the cdi file inot the CDR disc via ImgBurn and nothing works, here's a video showing me putting the disc into the console and it not working. The console was also made in April 2000.
https://youtu.be/Fa3-D4Ywa94

DU0
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Re: Burned game not working

Post by DU0 »

Lots of variables here. Is the console working properly, running other games, etc? Does the disc work on emulator? Did you burn it at a low speed? Was there more than one try, etc?

HelpBurnMyGames
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online.

Re: Burned game not working

Post by HelpBurnMyGames »

The console runs official games just fine, it just needs to take 10 minutes to run them, probably because the laser is getting old. I did try to burn it at a low speed (2x) in ImgBurn but my computer's disc speed goes higher than 2x speed though everytime I try to burn it at 2x speed. I also tried 2 times to burn the disc but the console won't read it for some reason and it goes to the music section of the menu when it does try to read it.