3v

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Lamaman1971
shadow

3v

Post#1 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:59 am

Hi folks, I want to pick up some extra 3v to drive and extra LED or two - I know I can solder onto the PSU but wanted to see if there is anywhere I can pick it up from the controller board instead that’s handy? I don’t want to solder onto the existing onboard LED points.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: 3v

Post#2 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 am

I dont recommend you to do that, because the controller board is connected to the main board via a thin ribbon cable and although it feeds the fan and the main led, it also gives power to the 4 controls and if there are already problems because the fuse it carries to blow, now imagine if you add more accessories that feed on energy.
Better is to take the energy for the leds you want from somewhere on the motherboard or source.
Finally, it would be that you change the original led for one of 3 colors, since it only requires one power supply and each color could indicate something different.

Lamaman1971
shadow

Re: 3v

Post#3 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:56 am

Don’t want to solder onto the motherboard so I guess I’m back to using pin 1 on the psu then eh? :) thanks for the advice - much appreciated

Return to “Support”