No Video/Sound - Solid orange light, GD-ROM spins, fan works

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dbaronjr
noob

No Video/Sound - Solid orange light, GD-ROM spins, fan works

Post#1 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi All,

I Recently picked up a Dreamcast with no cables. Now that I've got everything together I've been trying to get it working. So far I'm getting a solid orange power light, the fan is running without issue, the GD-ROM drive will spin up and read a Dreamcast disc, but I'm getting no video or sound. My VMU has fresh batteries and does not beep when powering the console on.

Using a multimeter with the AV cable (3rd party) shows that it's sending out a signal. The cable is definitely snug inside its port and I've gone through and cleaned the contacts. I'm honestly not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

megavolt85
Developer

Re: No Video/Sound - Solid orange light, GD-ROM spins, fan works

Post#2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:04 am

turn on dreamcast and wait a few minutes, if the image appears, then you need to look for the problem in the motherboard connector and GDEMU

dbaronjr
noob

Re: No Video/Sound - Solid orange light, GD-ROM spins, fan works

Post#3 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:27 pm

megavolt85 wrote:turn on dreamcast and wait a few minutes, if the image appears, then you need to look for the problem in the motherboard connector and GDEMU

Finally got around to looking at this again. Still got no picture or sound after waiting a few minutes and trying a friend's working cable. Must be something with the motherboard then.