Need Recommendation for blank media for burning cdi files

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Demonslayer2103
noob

Need Recommendation for blank media for burning cdi files

Post#1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Hello I'm new here to the forum and I'm having a little trouble finding a good cd-r for burning dreamcast games I tried a few different ones so far I tried Taiyo Yuden cmc and some verbatim 52x cd-r the one with the best results is the 52x verbatim at 8x burn speed but there is still some skipping on fmv

Let me know what you guys use if any of you still burn dreamcast games I know probably most of you use a gdemu

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Need Recommendation for blank media for burning cdi files

Post#2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Any brand is fine they are all the same.

Only difference is how long they will last! if you are using them inside a climate controlled house and use a case even the 15¢ discs should last you 10-15 years and still work. bet in this day and age all of the discs are produced in the same handful of factory's.

Sounds like you have a dying lazer or a dying PSU. I know everyone will say to replace the GDROM for a gdemu and I agree you should but swapping the PSU for a PicoPSU has revived 2 dead drives. YMMV

Demonslayer2103
noob

Re: Need Recommendation for blank media for burning cdi files

Post#3 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it I actually replaced the laser twice on this dreamcast the first laser had a bad spindle and the other laser was a little picky with burned games aswell so I tried to adjust the pot to increase the laser but I ended up ripping the ribbon cable so it might be the power supply is there a way to test the voltage with a multi meter