Quick GDemu and GDmenu Questions

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamcoastBC
shadow

Quick GDemu and GDmenu Questions

Post#1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:37 pm

So I recently bought a GDemu clone and have a couple questions about it and GDmenu, that apparently neither the seller or supplier could answer.

The clone I got is a v5.15b dated 2018-12-12. My questions are mainly about how to get GDmenu running on it.
Q1: How do I know what firmware version it has?
Q2: Do I need a specific GDemu.ini file on the SD card?
Q3: Do I need a specific version of GDmenu for it to work with this clone?
Q4: Where can I find the files I need?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

lozz
core

Re: Quick GDemu and GDmenu Questions

Post#2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:20 pm

I followed the instructions available here for setting up my clone and it worked a charm: https://retrogamesultra.com/2019/02/17/ ... and-setup/

The card maker tool linked to there installs the GDMENU for you. Should work just fine on your v5.15b.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 pm

The V5.15b should be the firmware version. Sd card maker will put in file on card. Gdmenu manager from sonik works good also for card management. Everything should work fine on your clone.

DreamcoastBC
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Awesome, I now have GDmenu working, big thanks for that. I did run into another problem though.

I used SD card maker to add GDmenu and one game, tested it and it worked fine. Then I added more games manually and they didn't show up in the games list on GDmenu. The folders are numbered properly and the GDI files are changed to disc.gdi, so that's not it. They're tosec, so check that box off too.

Here's one thing that might have something to do with it. I'm running Linux on my computer, so I borrowed my brothers computer with Windows to run SD card maker and set up my card and add the first game. The other games were added manually on my Linux computer, could that have something to do with it? The game I added through card maker on Windows still shows up, but none of the others.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 pm

DreamcoastBC wrote:Here's one thing that might have something to do with it. I'm running Linux on my computer

https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardM ... ses/latest

DreamcoastBC
shadow

Post#6 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:36 pm

That's what I needed, everything is working now, thanks again.

I should have mentioned earlier that I was using Linux, but my plan was always to set up the SD card on a Windows PC then add more games later manually. I didn't think there would be an issue with something as simple as copying files.