How Can I Use My SD Reader?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

AlanH
rebel

How Can I Use My SD Reader?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:28 am

I have an SD Reader. I have SD cards. I have a CD that goes with the SD Reader.

Now how do I make the SD Reader recognize a game that is on a memory card? Ideally, I want to be able to play games from an SD card. I especially want to play the Atomiswave GDIs.

I thought it would be as simple as putting the files on the SD Card and then selecting the game from a menu. But it's not that simple. Teach me what I need to know.

Give me all the steps as if I'm stupid.

Am I using the right kind of SD Card? Is there a specific capacity-size that the card should be, and is there a specific way the card should be formatted? Are there any special files that need to be on the card? Why is a GDI a bunch of files, none of which have the title of the game?

Cheetoswithlegs
noob

Re: How Can I Use My SD Reader?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:31 am

Is this a gdemu we are talking about?

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm

You need specially formatted sd isos, along with some other dreamshell files on the sd card. Regular gdi and cdi won't work. There is a post in the forum with a link to a collection of them.

Sorry I can't remember the specifics as it's been so long since I've used my serial port sd adapter.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

AlanH
rebel

Post#4 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 am

Can someone link me to that post in the forum? I don't know how to search for it.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#5 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:52 am

https://archive.org/details/dreamcastdr ... 5gb.7z.001 Boom! This is all I could find. Shame, as Theisozone had an entire section dedicated to sd isos before it shut down.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

AlanH
rebel

Post#6 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:25 am

What kind of SD card should I use? There are many kinds of SD cards. And is there a specific way that it should be formatted? I still haven't ever figured out how to get my SD reader to acknowledge a folder or file on an SD card.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:31 am

I did know there really is a need to make a proper guide to this if there is i can make a proper guide on my youtube channel .. i have released many sd isos of my projects to test

Return to “Support”