How to save games in Gnuboy (Gameboy emulator)?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

How to save games in Gnuboy (Gameboy emulator)?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:06 am

I just downloaded a 3 disk collection of Gameboy games and dumped the ISOs to my GDemu. Most titles I've tested thus far run great, but I can't seem to find a way to save my progress?...In-game saves don't seem to work, and I tried the VMU menu but it fails to mount my Nexus card. Is there, per chance, a button combination I'm missing, or is it just picky with memory card/VMU brands? Thanks in advance :)

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: How to save games in Gnuboy (Gameboy emulator)?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:30 am

Update: I found the button combination...it seems the emulator simply doesn't like my memory card...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:33 am

You find many dont like 3rd part memory cards in homebrew lot of my stuff it can make the whole thing slow stutter or crash even having non sega vmu plugged in this also the case with dc doom.. I did an update version of this emulator which does run faster then the og version

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:45 am

Ian Micheal wrote:You find many dont like 3rd part memory cards in homebrew lot of my stuff it can make the whole thing slow stutter or crash even having non sega vmu plugged in this also the case with dc doom.. I did an update version of this emulator which does run faster then the og version

Yeah, I've noticed that a few homebrew apps don't like my third party card. I may have to invest in an original VMU at some point.