Dreampi dials but no server will respond

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Freedomman10
lithium

Re: Dreampi dials but no server will respond

Post#21 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 am

It started doing it again and I was able to capture this
Attachments
image.jpg

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#22 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 am

It’s still going
Attachments
image.jpg

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 am

It keeps doing this when I reboot
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:23 am

That doesn't look good at all. It looks like someone hacked into your Pi and installed some scripts. This could have happened if you at some point opened ports or DMZ'd to your Pi's IP address. I would immediately re-flash the DreamPi image to the SD card. Also make sure you re-enable the firewall on your router if you haven't already.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#25 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am

Oh man... I had a nasty feeling something like that was going on since that game I was playing with D-Hustla. Something didn’t feel right. By adding ports, do you mean port forwarding? Because I did do that to get games to work like AFO... not sure how I could’ve DMZ’d to my pi’s IP,, I’ll dive into it when I wake up later on. That’s scary though, I did put my firewall up soon as I checked if that was the issue before. Hope I can be up and running again soon as I reflash.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:17 am

I don't know if it's what you did but port forwarding or DMZing to the Pi's IP address instead of the Dreamcast's is a common mistake. Just make sure the IP you use for that is the .98 one which will always be the Dreamcast.
PSO Characters:

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#27 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

In other words you might had opened a path to your pi for people to enter and change stuff, make sure the path you open is to your dreamcast IP instead, once you have that done and ready re-format your SD card making sure to erase everything inside it, then load the image again on the card and put it on the pi and try to connect.

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#28 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm

That’s aweful :shock: I might have given it a fixed allocation of .97 at one point on my computer but changed it back to .98 when I saw it didn’t work and forwarded all the ports back to the .98 one. Okay, so I’m formatting the SD and my computed is reading it as two separate devices, one says BOOT and the other one is the the regular SDHC. BOOT has 41.6 MB and SDHC has 1.76 GB total space which is weird because the SD card is an 8Gb. Should I try clearing out all partitions?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#29 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Freedomman10 wrote:Okay, so I’m formatting the SD and my computed is reading it as two separate devices, one says BOOT and the other one is the the regular SDHC. BOOT has 41.6 MB and SDHC has 1.76 GB total space which is weird because the SD card is an 8Gb. Should I try clearing out all partitions?

Just write to the boot partition and it will overwrite everything.
PSO Characters:

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#30 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:28 pm

:? I already deleted all the partitions.. my mistake! Should I recreate the BOOT one?