Panther DC woes

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Panther DC woes

Post#11 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:39 pm

I probably could. I'll have to check the size, because it's a fold out. Otherwise I can take some pics and post them. There's not much in it, honestly. There's layouts for 'Quake III,' 'Half-Life' and 'Kiss Psycho Circus' and that's about it outside of warnings and copyrights.
Last edited by DCGX on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:45 pm

Here's some scans:

Front and Back: https://tinyurl.com/y5c6r9pg
Pages 2-3: https://tinyurl.com/y6nrt4bw
Pages 4-5: https://tinyurl.com/y2hu8c5q
Pages 6-7: https://tinyurl.com/y243xe85

Technically page 1 is the cover. The reverse in exactly the same, only in French.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#13 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Sweet! Thanks so much for this!

I've just gotten it fixed! Had to replace a wire. Broke 2 more wires free fixing that one. This thing is full of terrible soldering! As I'm writing this post another wire has come loose that seems to have disabled panther mode lol. Time to open it back up again. At least I fixed the original problem haha.

Madcatz for the win as usual :roll:
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#14 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 am

lol At least it's fixable.

The Ndo
rebel

Post#15 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:20 am

I recently learned through a video on Youtube (Wired-Up Retro Vid #12)) that the Panther DC can be used in Panther mode on the Atari Anniversary Edition compilation. I used the trackball and the three buttons to play Missile Command, Centipede and Crystal Castles. The video recommended using the Panther upside down so the three buttons are closer to you. Just go to the controller options to configure. Works great!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:28 pm

I've got a different woe with mine. Most of the soft-touch rubber is breaking down and oozing out oil. It's disgusting. Also, the rubber gasket around the stick had dried to chalk so I cut it out. Age has not been kind to this thing.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#17 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 am

That is awesome NDO. I'll have to add that to the list of compatible games!

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:I've got a different woe with mine. Most of the soft-touch rubber is breaking down and oozing out oil. It's disgusting. Also, the rubber gasket around the stick had dried to chalk so I cut it out. Age has not been kind to this thing.

Yea they seem to have their share of problems lol. I may cut out the rubber around the joystick as well as it's been shredding to bits. The rubber grip parts on the top of mine haven't started doing that yet thank god.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#18 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:08 am

The Ndo wrote:I recently learned through a video on Youtube (Wired-Up Retro Vid #12)) that the Panther DC can be used in Panther mode on the Atari Anniversary Edition compilation. I used the trackball and the three buttons to play Missile Command, Centipede and Crystal Castles. The video recommended using the Panther upside down so the three buttons are closer to you. Just go to the controller options to configure. Works great!

That is great to know, thanks! Too bad the compilation doesn't have a save feature.

So far my Panther hasn't been oozing anything, but my basement is pretty well climate controlled naturally. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

The Ndo
rebel

Post#19 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:49 am

I found another game that works with the Panther DC. You can play 4 Wheel Thunder. The game has the option to remap the controls, including assigning steering to the trackball. I tried assigning acceleration and braking to the stick as well to give me a faux dual-analog feel. It doesn’t play great in this configuration. A better way to play is to assign gear changes to the hat-switch, steering to the stick, braking/acceleration to the triggers. Nitro and handbrake can be assigned to any of the remaining buttons (A, B, X, Y, C, D or Z).

megavolt85
Developer

Post#20 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:27 am

The Ndo wrote:You can play 4 Wheel Thunder.

thanks for the find, I checked with a GameCube controller, both sticks can be assigned to control

Return to “Support”