What's the issue in play CDI format in ISO Loader 0.7.x/ RetroDream [Dreamshell 4 RC4] ?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

What's the issue in play CDI format in ISO Loader 0.7.x/ RetroDream [Dreamshell 4 RC4] ?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi: I would like to know what is the problem about CDI games to be played in Dreamshell 4 RC4/Iso Loeader 0.7.x? Because I have the last compatibility list that writes only GDI-Opt format works but I tested many games in CDI and they works fine and I am not finding any problem at playing by now, I could finished some of them, etc..
Examples: 18 Wheeler, King of Fighters', Shadow Man, Soldier of Fortune, Sonic Adv 1 and 2, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, House of the Dead 2,Spawn, Speed devils,all the Test Drives series,Surf socket racer, Suzuki altare extreme racing, and many more
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: What's the issue in play CDI format in ISO Loader 0.7.x/ RetroDream [Dreamshell 4 RC4] ?

Post#2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:27 am

CDI run with 0.7 loader, that .ISO don't ??
I never try cdi because i was sure they don't boot.

Well done !

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: What's the issue in play CDI format in ISO Loader 0.7.x/ RetroDream [Dreamshell 4 RC4] ?

Post#3 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:16 am

fafadou wrote:CDI run with 0.7 loader, that .ISO don't ??
I never try cdi because i was sure they don't boot.

Well done !

I was confused about the Loader select and Dreamshell version by then. What I found is many games in CDI works in the last Dreamshell release. But the Loaders 0.7.x (RetroDream Loaders nº8, nº9 and nº10) are speccially created by DC-SWAT/Megavolt85 for playing better in GDI-Opt some games with issues and WinCE games (which only boots in GDI)
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-