GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonik
Developer

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#111 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:14 pm

oberzilla wrote:
sonik wrote:Some game must be breaking the compatibility. Try to open the iso files and search for the text list and send it here so I can take a look.

Thanks for looking into this.

track01.zip

Please post the entire contents of your "01" folder
EDF! EDF! EDF!

oberzilla
shadow

Post#112 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:04 am

sonik wrote:Please post the entire contents of your "01" folder

Here you go.

01.zip
(360.77 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

sonik
Developer

Post#113 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:59 pm

oberzilla wrote:
sonik wrote:Please post the entire contents of your "01" folder

Here you go.

Woah! That's a lot of games! XD

Looking in the list file...

Try removing the game: SAN FRANCISCO RUSH 2049

And if it works without this game, let me know where to download the same version so I can see why it bugs the menu. (send me link via PM)
EDF! EDF! EDF!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#114 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:45 am

Request:
Write out the LIST.INI file as LIST.INI.TXT to the root directory of the SD Card when a SAVE is done, so we have a single text file to open and see what titles are on the card.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

azoo
rebel

Post#115 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:18 am

Hey there, so I've been trying to use this program but I can't seem to get my SD card to appear. I've formatted it to FAT32 and put the GDmenu content in it already, but it refuses to show. It's a SanDisk 200GB microSD, running on Windows 11 btw.

sonik
Developer

Post#116 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 am

azoo wrote:Hey there, so I've been trying to use this program but I can't seem to get my SD card to appear. I've formatted it to FAT32 and put the GDmenu content in it already, but it refuses to show. It's a SanDisk 200GB microSD, running on Windows 11 btw.

Hi. I will try to get an windows 11 machine to test it.
Meanwhile there's an advanced feature you can try:
With the app closed, edit the .config file on a text editor (notepad, notepad++)

Code: Select all

<add key="ShowAllDrives" value="False" />

Change the value to True. Save and open the app.
It should list all the drives avaiable on your computer.
Use with caution as it can delete folders from your pc if you select the wrong drive inside the app.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

ThePerfectCast
noob

Post#117 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 am

Maybe I missed it somewhere but i keep getting "Ignored Files / Folders" messages and cant load certain games into the Card Manager. Not detecting any patterns but its happened with Chu Chu Rocket and Gauntlet Legends. Are there just some games that dont work? Or could I just be using some bad cdi files?

sonik
Developer

Post#118 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:35 am

ThePerfectCast wrote:Maybe I missed it somewhere but i keep getting "Ignored Files / Folders" messages and cant load certain games into the Card Manager. Not detecting any patterns but its happened with Chu Chu Rocket and Gauntlet Legends. Are there just some games that dont work? Or could I just be using some bad cdi files?

Probably bad files. Try to use TOSEC GDI releases (or the optmized ones from the download section).
Also make sure you have the latest version of the app.
If it's a homebrew game that's only available in CDI format then I can take a look for a possible fix. Let me know.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

ThePerfectCast
noob

Post#119 » Sun May 22, 2022 2:47 am

Ok ill try that. Might be a hot minute but Ill see if my list of games all work!

sonik
Developer

Post#120 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:00 pm

azoo wrote:Hey there, so I've been trying to use this program but I can't seem to get my SD card to appear. I've formatted it to FAT32 and put the GDmenu content in it already, but it refuses to show. It's a SanDisk 200GB microSD, running on Windows 11 btw.

Got it working?
I tested today on a windows 11 pc and it detected the SD card perfectly.
EDF! EDF! EDF!