Sound issue with audio tracks

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ikaruguy
noob

Sound issue with audio tracks

Post#1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 am

Hi guys

new here, hope I did not miss any rule or anything before posting

i have issue with some games on my DC : Sega Rally 2, Chu chu rocket, Vitrual On, Guilty Gear X, Puzzle Bobble 4 ... instead of the music I have a noise. on some games removing the music is possible so the game is playable, but on chuchu it's impossible. I guess those games have all something in common but what ? this morning, I had an idea : I put an audio CD in my DC, and bingo, same issue

i uploaded a video on YouTube so you can hear the noise
https://youtu.be/xUo6Yv96ZrU

a friend of mine tells me to calibrate the laser of the gdrom drive (something I don't see myself doing, I am really bad at this kind of things) I trust him but if someone can confirm this is the issue, or if this can be something else ? thanks

ps : sorry for my English, its not my native language ;)
Last edited by Ikaruguy on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Sound issue with audio tracks

Post#2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:56 am

If an audio cd is the same noise you have a major problem with it.. cdda or cdrom music .. not see this to a be a problem with adjusting the laser.. thats for making a game boot or run..

Ikaruguy
noob

Re: Sound issue with audio tracks

Post#3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:05 am

Ian Micheal wrote:If an audio cd is the same noise you have a major problem with it.. cdda or cdrom music .. not see this to a be a problem with adjusting the laser.. thats for making a game boot or run..

Hi Ian. thanks for your answer. games are running fine except for this issue in the games mentionned, no boot issue or anything else. if you mute the tv you cant guess there's a problem. and the vast majority of the games don't have any issue. what could cause this if laser adjustment has nothing to do with this ? thanks