DreamPi issues.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ammonius
shadow

Re: DreamPi issues.

Post#11 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 am

RESOLUTION:

Well after two months I have finally found the solution, the LVI was dysfunctional and the new one sent by Pcwzrd worked first time with phone number 555 on Dream Key 3.0.

Very happy, see you all online!!

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#12 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:59 am

I'm really glad you posted this because I'm pretty sure I have the same problem. I may have to order a new LVI after Xmas as mine is over a year old now (or try fix it)

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#13 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:22 pm

The age of the modem shouldn't matter for the LVI. It gathers power from the same +5V and GND pins of the USB port as the modem itself, while increasing that power and directing it back to the RJ-11. Given how easy it is to get into the modem, I wonder how images of the internals would go.

Furthermore, is there a way to expose the AT commands on the DreamPi? I tried to tail /dev/ttyACM0 but it doesn't seem to exist. It'd be a help to see if there's a more definite reason some things are failing i.e. DNS issues, DHCP, etc).

@Ammonius: Glad to see you got that remedied. I do suggest switching exclusively to 111-1111 for all your connections. Games such as Alien Front Online, Chu-Chu Rocket, Worms World Party etc, don't like using any dial-up number that's less than 7 digits.

Ammonius
shadow

Post#14 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:43 am

Thanks for the tip WedgeStratos ;)