Counter Strike Condition Zero 1.7 DC - Anyone have it working ?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Counter Strike Condition Zero 1.7 DC - Anyone have it working ?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:03 am

I found a CDI in the web that says is a Dreamcast version and looks very good but can not make it boot
Anyone have this game working for Dreamcast ?

counter strike condition zero 01.jpg
counter strike condition zero 01.jpg (18.25 KiB) Viewed 10533 times

counter strike condition zero dc_czds_01.jpg

counter strike condition zero dc 02.jpg

I upload link CDI: https://mega.nz/file/GCxynDzB#PbAucWvbx ... FC_Ni2I3eU
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Retro-45
letterbomb

Re: Counter Strike Condition Zero 1.7 DC - Anyone have it working ?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:34 am

Have you tried to use a boot disc or is is self booting?

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:10 pm

A interesting question, I never got the Counter Strike DC to work on GDEMU, have you tried with this one?
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:12 pm

What method are you trying to run it with? From disc or with ODE? I do know back in the day when I would burn Half-Life mods on DC I did have to use Alcohol 120%, it seems to have a better burn rate there. I can say for sure, that Half-Life and it's mods are just one of those games that are really finicky to get a successful burn that plays in the console.

I eventually want to start making HLDC mods, but I am pretty busy working on remaking Battlefield 1942 in HD in the BF2 engine with my BF1944 mod. Then I will be updating my Korean War mod, and planned on doing a Vietnam mod. I do still want to work on a few mods for this game though, primarily a WW2 game since the assets exist already from Day of Defeat, and then I wanted to make a Halo style mod that uses the original character models but optimized for DC.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#5 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Retro-45 wrote:Have you tried to use a boot disc or is is self booting?

Supposely selfbooting, I only have available to test a Dremcast with Dreamshell HDD mod, and Raspberri Pi 3 with emulator Reicast, and in both systems does not boot (CDI)
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#6 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 pm

NeoSnk wrote:A interesting question, I never got the Counter Strike DC to work on GDEMU, have you tried with this one?

I dont have GDEmu, if you would like to test it just tell us what your result
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Supposely selfbooting, I only have available to test a Dremcast with Dreamshell HDD mod, and Raspberri Pi 3 with emulator Reicast, and in both systems does not boot (CDI)

Ah! This is your problem my friend, this is a Windows CE game, and it will not work in many emulators, most are like this. Demul however does support Windows CE games, and I have emulated Half-Life on this one before. I also believe that in Dreamshell it may need some special settings to work. I do not use that since I am on GDEMU, but Dreamshell for many years did not support Windows CE games at all. I think only in the last few years it has officially supported it. And even then I remember that the compatibility was still not exactly 100%, but it was VERY close. I am not sure what the compatibility is now, I assume it is almost perfect now.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#8 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:29 am

Dreamshell support wince games very well, but we have to repack the game in gdi and optimise it.
@thedoctor45 did it very well for many versions and mods of half life.

The weak point of dreamshell is cdda, but I'm confident some update are coming and the result of firsts are really good.

nulldc emulator don't support, wince.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#9 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 am

Anthony817 wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Supposely selfbooting, I only have available to test a Dremcast with Dreamshell HDD mod, and Raspberri Pi 3 with emulator Reicast, and in both systems does not boot (CDI)

Ah! This is your problem my friend, this is a Windows CE game, and it will not work in many emulators, most are like this. Demul however does support Windows CE games, and I have emulated Half-Life on this one before. I also believe that in Dreamshell it may need some special settings to work. I do not use that since I am on GDEMU, but Dreamshell for many years did not support Windows CE games at all. I think only in the last few years it has officially supported it. And even then I remember that the compatibility was still not exactly 100%, but it was VERY close. I am not sure what the compatibility is now, I assume it is almost perfect now.

Yes, as fafadou says, Dreamshell supports WinCE games, but I did not know that is was a WinCE game, will try to change that option, anyway if it only exists a CDI have to do a GDI from this file.
I tested weeks ago Counter Strike DC v1.0 and works fine in Dreamshell/RetroDream but it is in GDI-Opt
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:47 pm

lashawnver wrote:I play cs go, never have any problems logging in.

WTF are you talking about? This has nothing to do with PC. This is a singleplayer version made specifically for Dreamcast. You are not "logging in" to anything on Dreamcast version since it is a singleplayer mod haha.

Why did you feel the need to make that comment? Every post in the thread was talking about the Dreamcast mod. How you missed those context clues escapes me.