Bleemcast Metal Gear Solid black screen?>

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jlegend6
shadow

Bleemcast Metal Gear Solid black screen?>

Post#1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Hello everyone, im enjoying this forum so far. I wanted to ask if somebody knows a fix for bleemcast mgs. I have downloaded the files from a few different places and the dreamcast boots and show up then black screens and hangs. Not sure what could be going on. Anyone else have this issue?? I have searched here and couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help in advance.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Bleemcast Metal Gear Solid black screen?>

Post#2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Sorry nobody has responded to you yet. Megavolt85 literally just replied to somebody else that had issues running this game.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13337&start=10#p136165

Bleem games can be finicky as hell to get working, so just keep in mind many factors can be at fault here. This is why the community is waiting for all the protections to be removed from Bleem retail so we could potentially get it working better from burned media as well as ODE's. The protections on Bleem retail has been next level and very tough to deal with for certain people even after it was cracked in 2009.

animekai
lithium

Post#3 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:44 am

Try spamming start at the beginning, that would skip the initial cutscenes and it will get into the game menu, then selecting new game the game crashes and black screens, no results beyond that I got.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:52 am

Sounds like Metal Gear Integral, it needs its libcrypt patched out, shout and I will dig them up

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 am

animekai wrote:Try spamming start at the beginning, that would skip the initial cutscenes and it will get into the game menu, then selecting new game the game crashes and black screens, no results beyond that I got.

Are you using the proper retail version with the skip check it works flawless including saving and videos etc.. if your using the beta there is no point to that..

Only 3 games that work flawless and that's the 3 retails Bleemcasts The bleem cast Beta and retail bleem are not the same thing at all..

You only use beta because it works on gdemu if you have working drive you use MSG retail bleem for cdr there is no problems with it

animekai
lithium

Post#6 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:27 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
animekai wrote:Try spamming start at the beginning, that would skip the initial cutscenes and it will get into the game menu, then selecting new game the game crashes and black screens, no results beyond that I got.

Are you using the proper retail version with the skip check it works flawless including saving and videos etc.. if your using the beta there is no point to that..

Only 3 games that work flawless and that's the 3 retails Bleemcasts The bleem cast Beta and retail bleem are not the same thing at all..

You only use beta because it works on gdemu if you have working drive you use MSG retail bleem for cdr there is no problems with it

I only have gdemu so yeah I'm using the beta and bleemshell menú, and the mgs iso that I'm using is the pal Spanish version