Rez PAL will not display on my TV through VGA

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pastelshoal
rebel

Rez PAL will not display on my TV through VGA

Post#1 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:34 pm

I'm having trouble getting Rez to display on my Hitachi display. When I boot out of codebreaker the TV suddenly displays: not supported. I have an NTSC DC, so I got a copy of Codebreaker to run Rez. So far no issues. Now, I have had the Dreamcast working with all my other NTSC games through VGA for a while now. The problem must be PAL... not so! Shenmue II also works perfectly fine after putting it through codebreaker! So what exactly could be the issue here? My best guess at this point is that Rez is outputing some weird VGA PAL signal that Shenmue II isn't but that also seems strange... I am also 90% sure this is not part of the bad pressing for Rez, as when I hooked up the audio out to an external speaker, I got the audio for Rez just fine. Its a Hitachi LE24K307 TV. Any ideas?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Rez PAL will not display on my TV through VGA

Post#2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 pm

All I can tell you is alot of PAL games did not support VGA. I am not too knowledgeable about PAL DC games being I am in the USA.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pastelshoal
rebel

Re: Rez PAL will not display on my TV through VGA

Post#3 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 am

Rez is apparentelly on the list that supports VGA so idk what the deal is. I tried on another monitor, same results. I'm going to try and get a composite cable and see if its the pressing... Still open to suggestions.