LATEST! PROJECT: DIAGNOSIS!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

LATEST! PROJECT: DIAGNOSIS!

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 pm

https://youtu.be/S9KopXIjupQ

PSOv2 audio stutter and consistent in-game freezing whilst telepiping leading to subsequent reset of console. I have researched this error for many days now and my findings are:

1. NOT an SD card compatibility issue - Many different cards formatted, loaded and tested, still the same issue.

2. NOT a file type issue - I’ve tried many variants, still the same issue.

3. NOT a controller problem - 3 different controllers used.

4. NOT a GDEmu problem - It’s genuine, updated to latest firmware and has been working tip top prior to this issue. It has also been removed carefully with pins cleaned and replaced. Same issue.

5. NOT a tv setting problem. Everything is setup just fine and all cables double checked for dust etc.

6. This MAY BE a bug that has attached itself to my saved game via VMU, hence why the errors are consistent in-game causing a corruption. This is unlikely, but who knows? Maybe the more experienced can chime in?

7. I have researched to find the problems I have are also linked to dirty PSU/mainboard pins or even a faulty motherboard itself. These are next on my list to rule out. Everything will be cleaned tomorrow and will post a further update! A new motherboard will also be with me next week so fingers crossed!

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: LATEST! PROJECT: DIAGNOSIS!

Post#2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:50 am

Hi there! Did you try to erase the flashrom of your Dreamcast? You will need to enter serial number and access key again to load your PSO character, but if there's error in the flash memory it could help.
Good luck.
From love, with Russia :)

DreamState
blackout!

Post#3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:58 am

I don’t know how to erase the flashcom sorry, I’m trying a less invasive way of sorting my freezing problem out. As I said before this is likely a dirty pin problem or the motherboard. Feel free to walk me through it though??? Doesn’t this mean I will lose everything I’ve saved? I’ve heard conflicting things online regarding this! Also, isn’t it disc based? How would I erase it using GDEmu?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:59 am

It's not invasive at all. Just run this disc / image on your GDemu.
https://dreamcast.wiki/Flash_Memory_Era ... r%20Online.

You will need to re enter your console time/internet settings/and PSO Serial number. and access key But none of that is much work at all. All your PSO characters will still work as long as you still have the serial number and access key.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#5 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 am

I have only just started playing PSOv2 and I’ve never played online, and when I first started playing I used a shared serial on the internet but now I want a unique serial and key.

Is this flash 100% proven to work without corruption or losing the saved game, characters and stats I’ve already been playing with? I am using the Ives US EP v2 image, to continue using this version would I need to buy a US copy or PAL copy for the unique serial and access key?