UNSOLVED ISSUE!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

UNSOLVED ISSUE!

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Anyone know what would cause freezing on telepiping loading screen and audio cutouts on the caves level for PSOv2 on DC? I’m using GDEmu with Pico PSU, Noctua Fan etc and this has just hit me spontaneously after 27 hours (not non-stop) of smooth gameplay. Even pressing X+Y+A+B and Start won’t take me back to menu. Advice?

UPDATE! Still no change at all in my freezing situation. I tried several different ripped files including TOSEC GDI and I even used a few different SD cards. Got to the exact same point in the game, telepiped and same occurance. I am now starting to think, since this happened all of sudden after such a long run of smooth gameplay, that this is a bug that has been saved in my game to the VMU or it’s a problem with the Dreamcast itself (possibly motherboard faulty or pins need cleaning). More advice or any experts please anyone??? I’ve given all the symptoms I can think of, any solutions???

Xiden
Developer

Re: UNSOLVED ISSUE!

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Have u tried another sdcard? Is that a clone gdemu?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:38 am

Honestly I have no idea. I've never heard of such a thing happening. Where did buy your GDemu from? Have you tried running the game using the GD-ROM and see if it still happens?

DreamState
blackout!

Post#4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:03 am

My GDEmu is 100% original and updated to latest firmware, and as I said if tried a few different rips on a few different SD cards. Same problem.

truemaster1
minority

Post#5 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:07 am

what is your gdemu fw? there is some instabilities with 5.20.1-5.20.2 the 5.20.3 is the stable af these revisions

DreamState
blackout!

Post#6 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:45 am

Thanks for telling me! This was kept fairly quiet and I’m not sure I have the latest update, so il give it a try tonight!

DreamState
blackout!

Post#7 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 am

UPDATE! I have the latest firmware, so I am left thinking this is a mother/logic board problem.

truemaster1
minority

Post#8 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:26 am

a good test to see sd card compatibility is to to do the crazy taxi stress test. let the intro video loops for 3 hours if it doent freeze all is ok

butoia
rebel

Post#9 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

I will try with my gdemu clone, could you send me the savegame to test in your same point?