GDEMU Menu Won't Reboot

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brinstar83
shadow

GDEMU Menu Won't Reboot

Post#1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi all. I'm brand new to the Dreamcast and recently acquired one with GDEMU installed. I'm loving everything about it so far but I've got one issue I can't resolve.

For some reason, I can't exit the game and go back to the GDEMU menu. Holding down the abxy and start just resets the game and if I do it twice I get taken the Dreamcast BIOS menu. I tried other suggestions like holding down the left trigger and face buttons but no dice. The button on the GDEMU just takes me to the BIOS screen and then goes to the next game.

I did find out that the GDEMU is a clone if that makes a difference. And also I don't have a vmu yet (it's on the way) so that explains why GDEMU settings changes don't stay after the console is turned off (time and date stay correct though). But would a vmu resolve this issue?

I've seen other posts about this very same issue but never found an answer on how to fix it.

Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: GDEMU Menu Won't Reboot

Post#2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Uh, isn't that just how it works? GDMENU is just a game disc, like a CodeBreaker disc, that you can use to load another game. Once you load the final game, resetting takes you back to the BIOS, which is normal. You'd have to reboot your system or press the button some number of times to get back to GDMENU.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

megavolt85
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:58 pm

put to your SD card and enjoy :D
GDEMU.ini
(52 Bytes) Downloaded 421 times

brinstar83
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks megavolt. Forgive me, I'm a complete noob at this. Where at on the SD card would I put it? Can I just plop it where all the game folders are?

Thanks again!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:16 pm

brinstar83 wrote:Can I just plop it where all the game folders are?

yep, place to root directory

brinstar83
shadow

Post#6 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks again, sir!

brinstar83
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Megavolt. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much!