San Francisco Rush Freezing?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
TrainwreckX
shadow

San Francisco Rush Freezing?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone with a copy of San Francisco Rush 2049 could help test something for me. I have had this game completely lock up on me if I leave it in "attract mode" at the title screen for about 10 minutes. It's done it to me half a dozen times, always on this screen, and I'm wondering if something is wrong with my copy of the game or if this is just potentially a bug that slipped through on that title. Midway classically had manufacturing issues with their games, so it's worth checking.

For what it's worth I'm also having a random freeze on Hydro Thunder even though I definitely have the "Hot! New!" version. These are the only two games that seem to be giving me an issue. I left Power Stone running in attract mode for an hour without it crashing. By the way, there is a stone "WHICH HAS THE POWER TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE!"

Ragfish
fragger

Re: San Francisco Rush Freezing?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:48 pm

I left my legit US disc of 2049 on the title screen for 15 minutes and nothing happened.

TrainwreckX
shadow

Re: San Francisco Rush Freezing?

Post#3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:07 am

Ragfish wrote:I left my legit US disc of 2049 on the title screen for 15 minutes and nothing happened.

Thanks for testing it. After a thorough cleaning of my Dreamcast (including the inside), it's still happening but ONLY on this game. I've tried leaving other games running on the attract screen for a long time (Power Stone for 30 minutes as example). Nothing. But Rush still freezes. So I thought it was my disc maybe. But it looks great and doesn't have a lot of scratches.