AFO server down?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
Starlancer
AFO
Tetris
Maximum Pool
CCR
4x4
PSO v2

AFO server down?

Post by ncman071 »

Looks like afo is having a server issue. Several players can't seem to connect after selecting a vehicle...getting the communication error

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: AFO server down?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

The server is fine. Just checked it. The only reason you would get kicked off after selecting a vehicle is a DMZ / port forwarding issue.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ncman071
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
Starlancer
AFO
Tetris
Maximum Pool
CCR
4x4
PSO v2

Post by ncman071 »

ahh i stand corrected my friend....forgot i had the ps2 and the dreamcast sharing the same ip ....wanted to have both in DMZ so i guess it caused a conflict..changed ps2 to auto ip and reset router and seems to be working fine now

hadyn
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Alien Front Online
4x4 Evo
Gundam EFF vs Zeon
Quake 3NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1

Post by hadyn »

I couldn't connect yesterday for some reason with DreamPi for a short while. Whilst connecting my modem would switch off both lights and then go to an error message.

Booted up PSO and it ran fine online, went back to AFO shortly later and everything was fine. Very weird.

Heres a quick stream of me playing Fortress Battle with another guy online straight after my connection problems:

https://youtu.be/i-j-muzxffk