GDEMU CLONE 5.15B and firmware update 5.20

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

megavolt85
Developer

Re: GDEMU CLONE 5.15B and firmware update 5.20

Post#31 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 am

butoia wrote:Should be funny? :O

it's very funny for any technically competent person, because you are writing complete nonsense
P.S. yesterday I witnessed the murder of the 8bitdo adapter, just like you, the clever guy decided that if you remove the protection bit, then the microprocessor can be read, but it never occurred to him that when the protection bit was removed, the microprocessor would be erased

butoia wrote:But if receive replyes like these, maybe this is not the place to share test results...

you simply have nothing to share, the person who is going to make a dump from GDEMU before flashing absolutely absolutely does not understand anything in electronics, all you can share is this message that your clone bricked

butoia
rebel

Post#32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

megavolt85 wrote:
butoia wrote:Should be funny? :O

it's very funny for any technically competent person, because you are writing complete nonsense
P.S. yesterday I witnessed the murder of the 8bitdo adapter, just like you, the clever guy decided that if you remove the protection bit, then the microprocessor can be read, but it never occurred to him that when the protection bit was removed, the microprocessor would be erased

butoia wrote:But if receive replyes like these, maybe this is not the place to share test results...

you simply have nothing to share, the person who is going to make a dump from GDEMU before flashing absolutely absolutely does not understand anything in electronics, all you can share is this message that your clone bricked

The data in the gdemu should be stored inside, like a nand or nor memory, no? If is possible do a nand backup insiede a 3ds, with a simple wired connection, a sd adatper and win32disk. If is possible do the same with a ps3, a wii, every console (without phisical flashers, in most cases)... Why in gdemu this operation is not possibile? I dont care if the data is encrypted, i just ask if is possible or not try to extrat data from a gdemu. Can you expalin your arguments or is too complicate for a normal pepoles like me?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 am

butoia wrote:The data in the gdemu should be stored inside, like a nand or nor memory, no?

no
all data stored in flash memory of microprocessor

butoia wrote:Why in gdemu this operation is not possibile?

in microprocessor enabled lock bit, if you disable lock it's erase all memory

butoia
rebel

Post#34 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:16 am

megavolt85 wrote:
butoia wrote:The data in the gdemu should be stored inside, like a nand or nor memory, no?

no
all data stored in flash memory of microprocessor

butoia wrote:Why in gdemu this operation is not possibile?

in microprocessor enabled lock bit, if you disable lock it's erase all memory

Ok this is an important information. A chinese hacker (i suppose?) had bypassed those security restrictions from a past version of the original gdemu, is correct? Because a reverse engineering, require an hardware replication and also the correlated software... Or a leak was found?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#35 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am

butoia wrote:A chinese hacker (i suppose?) had bypassed those security restrictions from a past version of the original gdemu, is correct?

yep
an early version was hacked

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#36 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:02 am

Did you have seen it ?
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40003706 ... 9e1abdb162

It's a "true" gdemu clone with last firmware for 36$ ?

truemaster1
dark night

Post#37 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am

it didnt say its on fw 5.20.3

brunovieira90
minority

Post#38 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:04 am

hello, does anyone know the date when the 5.20.2 firmware was released? I suspect it may be around May, which was the date I saw the post on the official website, but without any information found by me accurately. I ask this, because I found for sale some clones that say it is 5.15b but dated 08/24/2020. Which could perhaps indicate a production with the most current firmware.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#39 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 am

brunovieira90 wrote:Which could perhaps indicate a production with the most current firmware.

:mrgreen:
"the mice cried, they were injected, but they continued to eat the cactus" ©

if ever this happens, then in the product description the firmware version will be indicated in huge red letters and the price of such a clone will be much higher

brunovieira90
minority

Post#40 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:24 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
brunovieira90 wrote:Which could perhaps indicate a production with the most current firmware.

:mrgreen:
"the mice cried, they were injected, but they continued to eat the cactus" ©

if ever this happens, then in the product description the firmware version will be indicated in huge red letters and the price of such a clone will be much higher

Yes, the normal way if this happened would be this. So I said that maybe it could happen.It was just maybe, since there are clones with version 5.5 indication which are actually 5.15 (obviously the information in the clone product is not completely accurate).And as many sellers don't even know for sure what is correct in the product of this type that is sold on websites worldwide It never hurts to believe that there could be a small chance of this at some point.Although this chance is very remote, not to say that this is practically non-existent if we take into account other products of the type As a mega everdrive that has used the same clone for years.