GDEMU not saving settings?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Stu1872
undertow

GDEMU not saving settings?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:46 am

I have been wondering how it is possible to save changed settings while in the menu of the GDEMU settings?

I originally thought it may been due to the battery in my Dreamcast being dead but i replaced it today with a new holder/battery. When in the GDEMU settings menu if i change the boot logo or anything else to off and save it, it works for one game load but when i return to the GDEMU game list menu (using the 4 buttons and start method) and go into the settings menu all of my changes have returned back to on.

Is this because i have a GDEMU Clone or am i missing something?

NightBreeze
fire

Re: GDEMU not saving settings?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:56 am

GDEMU saves settings on the VMU, I can't quite remember but if I recall correctly, it should save changes automatically and restore them next start as long as that VMU is hooked up.

Stu1872
undertow

Post#3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:40 am

Not happening for me unfortunately. I have tried with 4 different VMU's (plugged in during switching the console on) if i restart the console or GDEMU it just reverts back to the original settings. Might be the version i am using that has a bug or something stopping it saving to the VMU.

It's not a big deal, it just would have been nice not to see the Dreamcast boot and Sega license or forced VGA everytime i want to start a game.

This is my version of GDMENU

ferrycorsten
shadow

Post#4 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:00 am

i get this problem too, any luck with fixing it? thanks

Lichtkegel
noob

Post#5 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:57 am

I also have this problem. I insert a empty VMU but nothing change. Is there maybe a option to change the settings on PC before write to sd-card?