Suddenly only one light on modem, nothing changed

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

WarriorPoet897
noob

Suddenly only one light on modem, nothing changed

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey everyone. I bought a premise DreamPi that worked great out of the box with a wired connection. The other day I was online fine and had to go, so I powered my DC off. Since then I cannot get on the internet either by WiFi or Ethernet. Nothing changed, just the next time an hour later that I tried to get in it wouldn’t work. I’ve scoured all of the threads somewhat related to this that I could find online and no luck.

When I boot the Pi I see some errors like “failed to start dhcpcd.service on all interfaces” and “failed to start network time synchronization” and “failed to start hostname service”.

Any thoughts?

azel
fire

Re: Suddenly only one light on modem, nothing changed

Post#2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Honestly I would just redownload the dreampi image and flash it again. Probably the easiest way since, especially if you are using ethernet it requires zero setup.

WarriorPoet897
noob

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Reflashing seems to have fixed it. I assumed it was a hardware problem. Thanks!

Edit: now I can connect but when I choose a ship and a block in PSO it just hangs there at the lobby with no errors or anything and never puts me in the game.

azel
fire

Post#4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Hey Altimira crashed but is fine now, everything should be good :)