Code Veronica disc 2 problem (PAL Version)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kaboose
noob

Code Veronica disc 2 problem (PAL Version)

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello!

I got my hands on a Dreamcast for the very first time and have had a blast with it so far. So as a new user for the hardware I don't know if there is something I'm missing, doing wrong or if the problem is easy to fix but I haven't yet figured it out on my own.

I bought Code Veronica (PAL version) and got through the first half of the game but when I'm asked to swap discs I get to a black screen and I'm eventually booted back to the Dreamcast menu. I also tried to just insert second disc on its own and hope it will work, since I have the finish save for the first half of the game, but I only get to the "SEGA screen" where the company logo is shown before I get kicked back to the Dreamcast menu again.

The second disc seem to be fine (with little to no scratches) so I have no idea what is going on.

Anyone here know how to fix the issue I'm having?
New face at the old Dreamcast playground

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Code Veronica disc 2 problem (PAL Version)

Post#2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:20 am

For me if you had could save at the end of first disc, the issue come from the second disc.
Clean it carefully, if you have the sega screen it means the ip.bin is reading well, but it didn't find the 1ST_READ.BIN.

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Code Veronica disc 2 problem (PAL Version)

Post#3 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Hey dudes.
Did you guys find a solution to this problem?