Dreamcast to HDMI Switcher with mClassic?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ABOhiccups
rebel

Dreamcast to HDMI Switcher with mClassic?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 am

I'm thinking about spending $100 for Monoprice 8X1 HDMI Switcher.

I just wanna know.

Does Dreamcast with Akura/Gekko HDMI Box works with mClassic connected to HDMI Output of Monoprice 8X1 HDMI Switcher?

I've tried that with other HDMI Switcher that has HDMI 2.0 ports. The screen keeps flickering while showing a Dreamcast Screen.

I've tested with another HDMI Switcher by Radioshack that has HDMI 1.4 ports. I have no issues with Dreamcast.

I know Monoprice 8X1 HDMI Switcher has HDMI 1.4 ports. But it use 12V Outlet. Compare to Radioshack HDMI Switcher (HDMI 1.4) and other HDMI Switcher (HDMI 2.0) that has 5V Outlet.

meeco777
noob

Re: Dreamcast to HDMI Switcher with mClassic?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 pm

*bump*

HollywoodGravy
noob

Post#3 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:00 pm

I find this interesting as I am also having flickering screen issues with the DC using Akura through an HDMI switch. Its HDMI 2.0 Switch 4K@60Hz 7 Port. Once I remove the MClassic there are no issues.

fraggle200
chill

Post#4 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Is the MClassic in the correct mode? seems obvious but worth a check.

there's an issue with the MClassic and DCHdmi where if you install the experimental firmware and run a nonstandard HDMI convention the MClassic doesn't play nice with it at all and flickers. Seems the MClassic is pretty particular about the type of HDMI signal and timing it receives and they need to be 100% compliant.

Can't rem where I saw or read this but as soon as I switched back to the standard firmware on the DCHDMI the issue vanished. could be a similar case here where any converter is playing with the HDMI timings etc.

anti
lithium

Post#5 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:55 pm

I’ve found a lot of cheap HDMI switches won’t accept the Dreamcasts output natively. I’ve fixed that by using a VGA Box output to an ATLONA AT-HD500 and then into my HDMI Switch. It’s fixed all output issues and looks great with mClassic on the output of my HDMI switch!