Noctua Fan

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

scooby110
noob

Noctua Fan

Post#1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Ive had two fans in a row that wont start spinning unless I flick the fan gently.

What am i doing wrong here ?

Its wired right, you can see when you turn on the unit the fan moves a little. But not enough to get it spinning. Help!

azel
fire

Re: Noctua Fan

Post#2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm

I've heard of the same thing happening to people who bought the 12v instead of the 5v one. Maybe check to see which fan you have?

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:26 am

Yeah sounds like you have the PLX 12v version. This is the one I originally bought as there are many differing videos online. There is even a guy on youtube showing him installing a 12v fan to the 5v controller board and blowing in the wrong direction!

Check that it is the 5v version. If its the 12v version you can either connect the +v end of the fan to the 12v line on the PSU or replace it with the 5v version.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

scooby110
noob

Post#4 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:36 pm

Yup i just saw I have ordered two 12v versions lol (bangs head on wall). I ordered the 5v version today.

Thanks guys and gals :-)