Odd behavior after adding game art in gdemu menu

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Valkyr1983
shadow

Re: Odd behavior after adding game art in gdemu menu

Post#31 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:07 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Valkyr1983 wrote:Is there any chance at all you could post the process to fix so i could get my copy working? Ive already got the TOSEC dump of MSR and the PVR created, just need to know what needs to be done differently for MSR, as it seems to be copy protection as you said?

maybe it will be easier for you to download ready-made images?

it is quite difficult to describe the process, first you need to learn how the iso9660 file system works, when you learn this you will not need any instructions, you can easily change any image using the HEX editor, the DD program and the engineering calculator

Great link! so basically the version of Metropolis Street Racer in that post already has the PVR embedded and the description says its using the cover artwork already? so just take that version and throw on my card? Sounds great except it mentions the MSR in that list is the PAL version... would that be an issue? I have the TOSEC versions of NTSC/US games, unless it was only a PAL release. Maybe dreamcast is different from Saturn but i remember always preferring NTSC because the PAL versions were locked at lower 50hz rate, sometimes with weird letterbox/borders, etc

Im assuming that the MSR in that link is using the PAL cover as well, but i suppose thats probably fine. thanks again for the link and takin the time to answer my question!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#32 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:00 am

Valkyr1983 wrote:Great link! so basically the version of Metropolis Street Racer in that post already has the PVR embedded and the description says its using the cover artwork already?

In that topic, an NTSC-U image with a cover is posted

Valkyr1983
shadow

Post#33 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Valkyr1983 wrote:Great link! so basically the version of Metropolis Street Racer in that post already has the PVR embedded and the description says its using the cover artwork already?

In that topic, an NTSC-U image with a cover is posted

I apologize and will feel stupid if im simply overlooking it, but i cant seem to find it? The one entry i see on page one for MSR is the PAL version w/ pal cover. I downloaded and extracted to confirm the artwork

I did search the rest of the topic with no luck, not sure where im not checking?

thanks again!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#34 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Valkyr1983 wrote:I did search the rest of the topic with no luck, not sure where im not checking?

hm, for some reason I thought that dubcity added an NTSC-U version

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#35 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:57 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Valkyr1983 wrote:Is there any chance at all you could post the process to fix so i could get my copy working? Ive already got the TOSEC dump of MSR and the PVR created, just need to know what needs to be done differently for MSR, as it seems to be copy protection as you said?

maybe it will be easier for you to download ready-made images?

it is quite difficult to describe the process, first you need to learn how the iso9660 file system works, when you learn this you will not need any instructions, you can easily change any image using the HEX editor, the DD program and the engineering calculator

If you could use MSR as an example, could you show us the detailed steps you used? We all would like to learn from the Master!
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#36 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 pm

megavolt85 wrote:hm, for some reason I thought that dubcity added an NTSC-U version

NTSC version in this thread has cd cover. Pal version had front jewel cover. Since gdemu use any region I just added your PAL version here so I didn't have to ask you do more work. :lol:

Valkyr1983
shadow

Post#37 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:59 am

dubcity wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:hm, for some reason I thought that dubcity added an NTSC-U version

NTSC version in this thread has cd cover. Pal version had front jewel cover. Since gdemu use any region I just added your PAL version here so I didn't have to ask you do more work. :lol:

I mean if there are no real differences between PAL and NTSC i guess i can just use that, like i said maybe my hesitance to do so was based on how bad PAL versions of PS1 and saturn games were compared to NTSC oftentimes, and maybe thats not the case for Dreamcast?

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#38 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Valkyr1983 wrote:NTSC version in this thread has cd cover. Pal version had front jewel cover. Since gdemu use any region I just added your PAL version here so I didn't have to ask you do more work. :lol:

I mean if there are no real differences between PAL and NTSC i guess i can just use that, like i said maybe my hesitance to do so was based on how bad PAL versions of PS1 and saturn games were compared to NTSC oftentimes, and maybe thats not the case for Dreamcast?[/quote]

No difference between them using gdemu. You should be good.