Shenmue help plzz

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

deadpoolmeow
noob

Shenmue help plzz

Post#1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:44 am

Hello all, i recently got a copy of this game (normal price nothing special). Not sure if its a normal problem but the game doesn't wanna work with the 1st disc. I am just looking on here to see if others have had the same problem and how they may have fixed it. The game loaded a little bit of disc 1, one time, then froze. I reset the DC and then the game wouldn't even make it to the menu. Any help with this would be awesome thanks.

GTB
shadow

Re: Shenmue help plzz

Post#2 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am

Is the disc scratched or is there disc rot? It might be the condition of the disc. And does other games work fine?

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#3 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 pm

I also have the same problem with my disc 1. I can get past the opening video, but then it just can't load. I burnt disc 1 CDI so I can start it. After a couple days (Shenume time) original disc works fine. I keep meaning to have it professional cleaned but 20 years later, have not done it yet. :lol:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:39 am

Hold the disc up to the light and see if there are any tiny holes where light can shine through the metallic data part of the disc. If you you might have disc rot like others said. If it isn't scratches causing it, my bet would be to check for disc rot.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 pm

If it is disc rot, keep the original disc but download and burn a backup. Make sure it is the same region your original disc is so the save will work.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#6 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm

the disk is corrupted